International Musculoskeletal Society (I.M.S.)
The International Musculoskeletal Society (I.M.S.) was founded in 2008 as a not-for-profit 501(3)c organization with the sole goal of sharing knowledge, training, and mentoring health care professionals from all around the world in spine, orthopedic, and pain management related conditions.
Our mission is to improve the quality of life for people with musculoskeletal and neuropathic pain by raising public awareness, providing practical information, promoting research, and advocating to remove barriers and increase patient access to effective pain management. Since its inception, I.M.S. has grown and gained recognition as one of the region’s premier societies. Strict membership criteria ensure that members support that mission and commitment to the Society.
Membership is open to:
- Pain Medicine Physicians
- Physical medicine and Rehabilitation
- Fellows and Medical Students
- Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist and Chiropractors
- Allied Health professionals
Types of Membership
- Residents/Clinical Fellows
- Active Member
- Fellow member
- Allied Health member
Membership Types and Requirements:
All Residents and fellows of any of the specialties above will earn 50% discount of membership fees once their training status is confirmed and showed interest in becoming member of the society
- Are not eligible to vote or hold an I.M.S office.
- Are eligible to serve on and chair certain committees.
- Are required to attend a meeting once every three consecutive years.
Active Member is open to physician and non-physician members of allied specialties such as research scientists who satisfy the following:
- Have a practice of 50% or more of one of any of the above specialties
- Attend at least one I.M.S. annual meetings or workshop once every three consecutive years.
- Those that complete all requirements are eligible and required to apply for Fellow Membership at the end of the 3-year Active member term.
- Failure to complete these requirements during the 3-year term may require reapplication to Active Membership.
- Active members qualify for 50% discount on the next year’s registration to the I.M.S annual meeting
- Active members may qualify for mini-traveling fellowship support
- Active Members qualify for certain Committees such as:
- Membership committee
- IMS-Industry liaison committee
- Media-Promotion committee
Fellow Member : Fellow membership is an acknowledgment of the positive role that the active member has played in promoting the vision of the society for three prior years. Fellow membership is limited to orthopaedic surgeons, neurosurgeons and to non-physician members of allied specialties. They must have made a significant contribution to orthopedics, pain and neurological problems. They must have successfully completed a three-year Active membership in the society. Only Fellows may vote and hold elected offices within the Society.
- Fellow members qualify for 50% discount on the next year’s registration to the I.M.S annual meeting.
- May hold elected office within the I.M.S society
- Qualify to Chair a Program, Scientific Committee or Subcommittee
- Fellow Members qualify and have priority to obtain traveling fellowship support.
- Fellow Members may benefit from promoting their work on the I.M.S website and Social media
Allied Associate Membership is for distinguished members of the medical and Industrial profession including allied health professionals who have made a significant contribution to the field and or to promoting/supporting the goals of the International Musculoskeletal Society.
- Are eligible to serve on or chair committees except scientific committee for CME activities.
- Are required to attend an I.M.S. Annual meeting at least once every 3 consecutive years.
Benefits of I.M.S. Membership:
Being a member of the I.M.S will put the candidates in direct and intimate connection with great and passionate group of physicians and scientists who share the same vision of promoting science and state of the art medical care.
while we’re convinced that being part of this growing family and building bridges is the most satisfying benefits, some additional benefits are available to members as indicated under each category as well as below:
- Recognition of being an I.M.S..member on the I.M.S. website including the specialty and expertise.
- Privilege to the “Members-Only” I.M.S. website log in that allows to:
- Communicate with other members
- Access to archived presentations from previous meetings, surgical videos, historical archives and more!
- Connection with a mentor – The I.M.S. mentor-ship program acquaints new members with who’s who in the world and I.M.S. leadership team.
- Leadership Opportunities – All members are eligible to become committee members and help the Society to achieve its ultimate goal in improving the quality of life of people with musculoskeletal pain.
- May be eligible to discounted annual meeting registration fees
Annual Membership Fees*:
Scholarship fees may seem may seem too high or too little depending on each member’s situation but they’re truly essential to keep running the society and be able to provide the most to our members. Our Society is a Non Profit society and every support is essential.
Important: After submitting this registration form, Please send the following to email@example.com :
- Copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- One letter of recommendation from your Department Chairs or member of I.M.S. society
- Current photograph
Once we receive your completed registration form and the required documents, we will start reviewing your application. We will send you an email with our decision.